Wednesday, May 9, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Husbands - Day 9



Lord, I pray that my husband will cultivate strong integrity and not compromise his convictions.  I pray his testimony will be genuine, that he will be honest in his business dealings and will never do anything that he needs to hide from others.

"The just man walks in his integrity; his children are blessed after him" Proverbs 20:7


"Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart and of a good conscience and of faith unfeigned" I Timothy 1:5


"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armour of God that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:10-12




Idea for today: Thank your husband for his positive character qualities.  Is he honest, compassionate, responsible?  Thank him for that!  If you have a husband who is lacking in positive character qualities pray extra hard for God to show you something you can thank your husband for.  Often our husbands have struggles we are unaware of and they don't want to share those.  I came across a blog post from Clayton King.  He is a very powerful pastor I heard speak at a Youth Conference.  The post tells us the 10 things our husbands want us to know...I think it is a good read.  After several years of marriage, I realized everything I  thought I knew...I didn't know.  One thing I do know - from personal experience - I need to be who God wants me to be, as a wife, mother, friend, daughter, etc... PERIOD!  End of story.  When I surrendered myself to that, things began to change.  I was guilty of often thinking others needed to change, when in fact, it was me.  Look inward, become who God calls you to be and see what a wonderful difference it makes in your marriage!  Sorry for the mini sermon.  Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment