Friday, May 11, 2012

31 Days of Praying For Our Husbands - Day 11



Lord, I pray that my husband will yield his manly desires to You and practice self control.  I pray our intimacy together will be fresh, positive and a reflection of selfless love.

"Drink water from your own well - share your love only with your wife. Let your wife be a fountain of blessing for you. Rejoice in the wife of your youth" Proverbs 5:15, 18


"I am my lover's and he claims me as his own." Song of Solomon 7:10


Today's tip: In the days of young children and stressful jobs- it is so important to slow down and make a date.  With 5 children we often are unable to actually go out on a date.  So, we have a home date (what I call it) I feed the kids earlier than usual, get the younger ones in bed and allow the older kids to be in their rooms until their bedtime.  I make a nice dinner for us to share.  Light some candles, play music...make it a stress free zone.  We have agreed certain topics are off limits - children, work, finances.  Sometimes we watch a movie, sometimes we just talk. It is nice to put aside time to just sit next to each other and even hold hands!  We both look forward to this time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment